IF you have done your fair share of laundry you will know after a while your towels may close that soft silky feel.
But one cleaning fan has shared her tip for bringing your rough towels back to life.
Sophie runs a home and lifestyle TikTok account and her method uses a 25p product that you probably already have in your cupboard.
She said: “Here’s how to make your rough towels soft again.”
“So you can see here these towels are very rough at the moment.”
Her first tip is to start with a light load, your old towels need some special private TLC.
“Firstly make sure that it is not a big load that you’re doing, so only a few towels to start with.”
Next put your towels in the wash with come distilled white vinegar in the detergent tray.
She said: “Pop in your usual table but don’t use fabric softener instead use white distilled vinegar.”
Sophie says avoid fabric softener as they are what make your towels hard in the first place in
The cleaning fan said: “Fabric softener actually makes your towels rough and waxy too so never use it.”
Run a warm cycle to coax the softness back into your rough towels.
Sophie said: “Then another must is make sure you use a hot heat, we’re using 40 degrees.”
After a good wash, tumble dry your towels.
Sophie said: “Once that cycles done make sure to tumble dry.”
She said: “Once that dries you should be left with soft towels again.”
Sophie said she believed fabric softener wasn’t helpful for any clothes.
She said: “I’ve also heard that fabric softener is just a marketing gimmick and actually does more harm to you and your clothes than any good.”
Sophie’s video gained over 36,000 views but some viewers said they actually quite liked rough towels.
One user said: “I prefer mine quite hard as they absorb more.”
Another said: “I like them rough when they’re too soft and feel like I don’t get dry as well.”
A third user said: “I just air dry & tumble dry for 10 mins to make them soft again. You shouldn’t add fabric conditioner anyway with towels as it stops them absorbing water.”
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it’s always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here’s how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You’re cleaning your carpet all wrong – here’s how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven’t cleaned your mattress in ages, here’s how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps