Tyra Banks announced she is leaving “Dancing With the Stars” after three seasons as host.
The model-turned-TV presenter, who joined the ABC dance competition series in 2020, told TMZ Thursday that she is shifting her focus to her ice cream business, SMiZE & DREAM, which she launched in 2021.
“I’m really focused on business, like crazy focused,” she said. “SMiZE & DREAM is global, so I feel it’s time for me to really focus on my business and my entrepreneurship.”
Banks, 49, explained that she feels “it’s time” she exits “DWTS,” adding, “I think my heart and soul are in my business and in producing TV, and you can’t do that while hosting a show.
“So you’ll see me creating things, not just hosting.”
The former “America’s Next Top Model” host did, however, say that she is open to returning to TV in the future — but only behind the scenes.
“I think it’s time to graduate from the dance floor to the stock market floor,” she joked. “Mic drop.”
Banks’ time on the show has been plagued with various on-air hiccups, awkward banter and over-the-top fashion moments.
The blowback from her hosting duties was particularly intense during Season 29 when she accidentally announced the wrong bottom two couples on live TV — confusing the competitors, judges and fans at home.
“The world is angry at the talent, but there’s a whole control room and things happening and craziness going on,” Banks said of the flub during an appearance at the Television Critics Association press tour in August 2021.
“And I’m fed certain things, say certain things that I’m told. But it is what it is.”
Banks said at the time that she also felt like she had to “take darts for the team” as host.
“I was blamed for it, and it wasn’t me,” she insisted. “And I think that’s very important to say.”
Most recently, Banks hosted Season 31 alongside “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” star Alfonso Ribiero.
This is the latest change to the “DWTS” lineup in recent months.
Professional dancer Mark Ballas announced his departure from the series earlier this week after 20 seasons.
Original judge Len Goodman, meanwhile, shared his retirement plans in November 2022.